Campustown is currently undergoing a Renaissance, which includes new construction and improvements to current buildings.
This page has information on construction projects as well as the Campustown Facade Grant Program.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding construction, please contact CAA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-232-2310.
As part of the Five Year Strategic Plan for Campustown, Campustown Action Association (CAA) encourages development in our business district. As our Board discussed how to work with development projects requesting tax incentives, CAA composed the following list of priorities to encourage redevelopment that follows the mission and vision of Campustown Action Association and maintains the character of the district. Each priority will be weighed separately and no project needs to accomplish all ten goals in order to have the support of the CAA.
1. The proposed project will add a missing service to the mix of businesses currently offered in Campustown.
2. The proposed project will improve the aesthetics of the business district while maintaining the current scale and feel of the district as a whole
3. The proposed project will preserve structures of historic significance to the district.
4. The proposed project will include incentives to retain small, unique businesses to retain the distinctive shopping experience of the district
5. The proposed project will include a percentage of rentable ground floor commercial space at lower market rates for local, independent businesses
6. The proposed project will include high-density uses in penetrable retail street-level spaces
7. The proposed project will enhance the cultural experience in Campustown
8. The proposed project will include spaces for university students/faculty/staff with the opportunity for different university departments to interact off campus.
9. The proposed project will include considerations for parking capacities in Campustown
10. The proposed project will consider reimbursement of depreciated leasehold improvement values to displaced tenants.
Campustown In The News
Ames Tribune Article 3/22/14 Campustown Businesses Relocating
KHOI 89.1 FM Radio Interview 3/26/14. Campustown discussion begins at 29:19
2412-2430 Lincoln Way
Owner: Kingland Systems, purchase also includes 114 Welch Ave
Expected construction dates 2014-2015
CAA position and City of Ames staff report to City Council, August 27, 2013 CLICK HERE
City of Ames staff report to City Council, November 12, 2013 CLICK HERE
Kingland Systems has provided information on their website. For further information, please visit http://www.kingland.com/our-company/ames-expansion/
Pedestrian detour information CLICK HERE
New Business Announced! CVS/pharmacy will be the anchor tenant in the new building CLICK HERE
2300 Lincoln Way
Owner: The Opus Group
Expected Construction Dates: May 2014-July 2015
Council Action Form, Ames City Council, April 22, 2014 CLICK HERE
Ames Tribune Article, May 1, 2014 Campustown project brings more housing, retail space
Construction information by The Opus Group CLICK HERE
Ames Tribune Article, May 24, 2015 Starbucks, student apparel store opening in Campustown
Owner: Gilbane, Inc
Expected Construction Dates: Spring 2015-Fall 2016
Construction information: www.gilbaneco.com
The Edge leasing information: www.theedgeames.com
2320 Lincoln Way
Owner: Gilbane, Inc
Expected Construction Dates: Spring 2014-Fall 2015
Construction Information Website: www.constructing23twentylincoln.com
23 Twenty Lincoln Info: www.23twentylincoln.com
Ames Tribune article “Developer Unveils Campustown Apartment Plans”
2520 Chamberlain Street
Owner: Randall Corporation
Expected construction dates: 2014-2015
Council Action Form, Ames City Council, November 12, 2013 CLICK HERE
Finesse Spa Announces they are moving to Campustown CLICK HERE